Perhaps the best summary of our hopes would be the words Jesus spoke when teaching His disciples how to pray …
Your Kingdom come; Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
These are powerful words with far-reaching implications. They remind us that God’s Kingdom isn’t a wish for the future, but a present and ongoing reality! They call our diverse community — liberal and conservative, traditional and not-so-much, young and old — into discipleship that we might be conformed into the image of His Son. And they invite us to join Him in the work He’s already doing — bringing His Kingdom (not ours) to bear upon this world.
One of our favorite quotes is by a scholar named Luke Timothy Johnson. He writes,
[The Church is to be] a sacrament of the world’s possibility. A sign of what the world can be.
That’s our highest hope! That we would be a sacrament of the world’s possibility! That we would love radically and generously — regardless of age, race, orientation, ethnicity, marital status or disability. That we would be a “first-fruits” of what Creation will one day become when God sets all things to rights.
At Ekklesia, we want to be a safe place for the doubting, for the devout and for everyone in between! We want to ask good questions and live into the answers. Your questions are welcome here. Your convictions are welcome here. You are welcome here.
- Auto World – Miniature Car Dirty Version Christine 1958 Plymouth Fury awss119,
- Dinky Toys GB n° 408 Big Bedford Lorry camion plateau ridelles en boite NMIB
- MAC-T PE07923E Sup-R-Safe Playground Balls, Set of 6. Free Shipping
- LOT 55502 Fahrbereite Piko H0 5210 5 40 Tenderlok BR 66 der DB in OVP
- Bc840-0, 5 MÄRKLIN H0 AC Pair PERCURSOR+Trailer for DA 800 Steam Locomotive 23
- NSR Porsche 917k Gulf Lemans `70 para Circuito de Slot 1 3 2 Coche Slot
- Hornby R3239 BR (Late) 0-6-0 Drummond 700 Class No. 30315 DCC Ready NEW
- NOREV 181660 CITROEN C4 CACTUS blue 2018 Escala 1 18 Coche a escala NUEVO °
- Scale model bus 1 43 Bussing Senator 12 D
- Hot Wheels Red Line Bugeye Red Car Hong Kong 1970
- Greenlight 1 18 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Falken Tires 19050 Diecast Car
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 White 1 18 Diecast Car Model by Bburago
- Road Tough 1956 Chevy Bel Air Congreenible Red 1 18 Scale Diecast Model Car
- RARE vintage jeux ancien ROLLY TOYS citerne VACUUM JUMBO 8000 LTR TANK tanker
- GMP 1 18 1967 Ford Mustang Gasser - Gone in 60 Seconds Movie Car
- Honda Civic Ef3 No.52 1st Grpn Div.2 24h Spa-Francorchamps 1989 (P.Tillekaerts
We hope to engage our Raleigh community thoughtfully with charity and humility so that we become part of the conversation around us. “Because the Bible says so” is an inadequate answer.
We want to be a place where family happens. Family is never perfect, but it is certainly good. It is less about “agreeing on all disputed matters” and far more about “regarding each other’s needs as one’s own.”
This is how the early church changed the world — by following Christ’s example in pouring themselves out on behalf of the world around them. This is why we give a third of our offerings away Smithsonian 3D Glowing Solar System Set. Delivery is Free.
How to reach us
PO Box 19222 Raleigh, NC 27619
How to find us.
We worship Sunday mornings, 10:30am at Athens Drive High School located at 1420 Athens Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606. Dinky Toys - 252 - Camion Bedford Refuse Wagon
Ekklesia (Sundays 10:30am @ ADHS)
“I came looking for a community that would love me as God loves me, “Just as I am”. A community that puts love into action … not just on Sunday. Thank you, Ekklessia!” — Gerard McAllister
“I’ve never before met another group of people as willing as Ekklesia to sit with you in the dark places and laugh with you in the light. They truly embody what it means to do life together as community. I am so glad and proud to call them my church family.” — Selena Bennett
“I am thankful for a place where I feel free to question my beliefs, challenge my biases, and rethink faith while feeling secure that the foundation of all of that wrestling is rooted to love and honest exploration of how we can become more and more like Jesus. And there are good snacks.” — Patrick Torres